Thursday 12 January 2012

12th January 2012

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I've not felt too well for a couple of weeks and my Husband Chris has had to call out a Doctor or a nurse in the middle of the night to adminster morphine by injection to ease my pain. The pain is getting increasingly worse and i'm having to take more pain relief before I feel comfortable.

Over the weekend my local Hospice offered me a bed for a few days to get the pain under control, but i declined as I wanted to be at home. My palliative care consultant has upped my pain meds, so I'd rather be at home taking pain meds than at hospital. Having said that the staff at the Forest Holme Hospice are absolute angels and I can't praise them enough.

On the subject of the Hospice there are many ways of helping to raise money for the Forest Holme Hospice to help make patients staymore comfortable and also for their loved ones who spend so much time there.
A) you can save the posted stamps off your letters and post them to "THE FUNDRAISING OFFICE, FRIENDS OF FOREST HOLME, 5 SELDOWN ROAD, POOLE, DORSET, BH15.1TS.

B) if you would like to send somebody flowers you could consider going through "Charity Flowers. on www.charityflowers.co.uk by buying flowers from this company and clicking on Forest Holme as your desired charity they will donate 15% to the Hospice. I have used this service several times and they are very good.

C) go onto Forest Holme Website which is www.friendsofforestholme.org.uk where you will find other ways to donate.

I am collecting postage stamps as I think why throw them out when they can raise money for something so worthwhile. I have to visit the Forest Holme hospice on a regular basis and they care for me so very well. It doesnt feel like a hospital inside but more homely. A lot of these "homely" items are there because of donations.
Thank you.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment